One last Time

 Well here we are. My final blog. Who would've thought.  This semester has been a semester. Up and down. Too much sleeping in. Watching movies. Falling in Love. Learning and Growing. Failing. Living


This was one of my favorite classes. I loved learning about families and how best to raise them. How we can be better. Because one day I am going to be a husband and father. And this class taught me things. I especially loved the stories from Brother Williams. He brought a real world perspective to the classroom that changed the whole dynamic. 


Marriage and family take a lot of work. Work that is worth it. Each step of the way. I mean it seems like the odds are stacked against people for marriage. But it is possible. It is enjoyable. No marriage is perfect, no parents are perfect. It is a work in progress. Every step of the way. Just like college and life. Lool I have a sleeping problem. I need to work on it. There will be issues in marriage. You need to keep trying.


When I was serving my mission in my journal I would write and keep trying all the time. It was hard. It was very hot, and it was the best thing I have ever done. It changed my life. And that is what marriage and parenting is going to be. It'll be hard and amazing. It'll be worth it each step of the way. I was blessed with amazing parents. I hope I can make them proud in the way I raise my future children. And when I mess up I know who I can call. But I also know I need to work it out in my immediate family as well. Boundaries are important. We just need to keep trying.


Life is just interesting. We never know what tomorrow will bring. We do know that it'll bring something. And with the Lord on our side we know it will all be ok. All the bullcrap we go through it will be ok. When I struggle with my mental health challenges it will be ok. That is the promise of the Gospel.It is a glorious truth. 


The night is darkest just before dawn. And the dawn will come. When your family is struggling it will be ok. When three of my grandparents passed away. It will be ok. When our hearts get broken it will be ok. Always and forever.  Now I do not know everything. I know some things but not all. But to end my Blogs I just have one request.


BE KIND ALWAYS


It is so crucial in this crazy world we live in to be kind. It is not always easy nor is it fun. It is always worth it. Make someone smile. Help someone. Do the right thing. Kindness is going to heal this world. This world has so many amazing people in it. So many good people who are just trying like you and me. Yes we may disagree. That is ok. It is all ok.  I know what arguments can do. It can tear people apart. But kindness can heal the bonds of anger and resentment. It can change us. Jesus can change us. Even when it is hard to do the right thing. We can do it. Just keep trying. Do not give up. You got this. You are amazing. You are loved. You are enough. Maybe right now you do not feel that way. But one day you will. One day we will get to stand in front of God. He will tell us how much he loves us. We will feel it and know it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sex is like an Apple: Brad Wilcox

Father's