New Semester New Year

 Hello Friend's. This is my first official Blog Post. Yes I am Blogging. This is for my family relation's class, a class in which we discuss different things that may be a challenge to families and other subjects surrounding the idea of family. Now my biggest goal in life is to be a husband and father. That's it for me. It was a major reason I went on my voluntary Proselytizing mission for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. To be a better future husband and father. I would say it worked. I got a Number #1 Dad shirt on the mission so yeah I would say it worked. 

But what have I been learning these first few weeks back at college and more specifically in my Family Relation's class. Well for one I still struggle staying awake in class. I really need to fix that. We talked about a Demographic Winter. How even though we think the population is skyrocketing it is actually not? That birth rates are very low. Those things are different than we may have seen. 

Look I will be honest I was never the kind of guy to research the Birth Rates Of a specific year. It's not one of my hobbies. But to be real the world is changing a lot. It is different than when I was born. And one day I will be helping welcome some kids into this beautiful but also crazy world. That means paying for rent, school and food. I need to do things to protect my children and spouse. That is important to me. And if knowing all of this helps me help them then it is worth it. It's about people. Look, I love Movies, TV and stuff. Ahh I love stuff. But I love Love. The People in my life are far more important to me. They have helped me so much. I have learned a lot from them. Now it is my turn to be like them. That means knowing more than just Avatar The Last Airbender facts and movie trivia. 


The world has phases of Growth. The Baby Boom for example was one of them. A big amount of births. What about today? How many babies are being born. I have no kids. I am also only 20 so that is a good excuse. But how many kids will I have? I don't know. That is not up to me. That is between me, my spouse and the lord. 

Another thing you should know about me is that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know the family is ordained of god. It is crucial to our Heavenly Father’s plan. I also know no family on the earth is perfect. And that is ok. And family is not just our blood. Friends are family. We are all children of loving heavenly parents which makes us all family. Does not mean we have to agree on everything. But we are commanded to love each other. Even when it is hard. Some of my views may cause some uproar among the world. I think Spiderman 3 is better than Spiderman 1. I love Star Wars: The Last Jedi. And the stuff about family. But believe me when I say I want people to be happy and healthy and safe. I prayed for that so much on the mission. We deserve to feel loved and be loved. And family should be an ideal situation for that. And if yours does not just know that the promise of the Gospel is, it is all going to be ok. Life is hard. Unfair. Hot in Arizona. Cold in Rexburg. But Christ died for all of us. We are always enough for him. He wants us in families so we can be happy. He never rejoices in our pain and suffering. He weeps. And because of him it will all be ok. 

To be honest I did not say a lot on Demographic winter. I will be better at sticking to the topic of the week, but I need you to know you will be ok. Be yourself. Be kind. And whatever happens you will be ok. See you next time


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One last Time

Sex is like an Apple: Brad Wilcox

Father's